Monday, March 14, 2011

Breakfast Muffins

I had some biscuits that needed to be used...it was Sunday and though its my usual BAKE LIKE AI WILL BE SERVING AN ARMY DAY - I didn't have many ideas flowing in my head. I could have made Cinnamon monkey bread, and then I remembered I had spinach, scallions and some green pepper in the fridge.. and  that was sounding better!

I popped the can of biscuits - into a greased muffin tin - whipped egg, spinach, scallions, gr. pepper, crumbled bacon together, and poured into each muffin cup - baked for about 20 minutes at 350, added cheese and another 5 minutes in the oven - making sure egg is cooked and cheese is melted, and SHA BAM! The biscuits were a hit!

They are gone - G-O-N-E... paired with some fresh fruit and it was like we were at a buffet and didn't need to leave the house!

I was informed while the teens had dish duty, that this was a great idea to keep in mind for another date.. I am thinking so - I might be able to make them and freeze them... if they make it from the cooling station to a bag and not ate! 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: