Friday, March 4, 2011

Banana split for Breakfast... honestly

IMAGINE THIS if you will, BANANA SPLIT for BREAKFAST... I know .... unimaginable!

So this is what it really is... which can be changed accordingly...

Medium Banana, sliced lengthwise
8 oz Yogurt, flavor of your choice  (I used greek yogurt, strawberry flavored)
1 serving sliced fruit of your choice (my choice was strawberries)
1/2 c. chopped nuts  (it recommended peanuts, but I had cashews, next time I am using Almonds)
 Layer like Sundae... enjoy!

Note: making this for my breakfast at work, but I could/ will make adjustments accordingly. .. such as.. Cottage cheese instead of yogurt,add homemade fruit jam/preserves instead of real fruit, change nuts.. maybe pecans or walnuts or granola... 

Instead of my wonderful tupperware, I would put in a little footed dessert dish/compote/flute.

This is also a great after work out snack!

Have a good day!



No comments: