Friday, February 18, 2011

Keep It Tight! Tilapia (or Flounder)

I love fish! I could eat it in almost every meal.. all sorts.. I haven't met a fish I didn't like yet... of course, some are better baked, or fried, or cajun, blackened. etc... but with all seriousness, I still like all of them!

All day I thought I had TILAPIA to use for this nights meal... and it wasn't until I got home, that I realized ... NOPE.. its  FLOUNDER... !!!  I still used the recipe I found with my Clean Eating Recipe cookbook, and it was a hit, all 8 pieces of flounder were GONE! I liked the fact that I got to throw seasonings in a bowl, dip the fish and within 15 minutes I could have a nice meal!

I matched the flounder up with asparagus, which was steamed, with lemon and some whole wheat/ brown rice.




KEEP IT TIGHT TILAPIA - Tosca Reno, Eat Clean

Ingredients
• 1/4 cup / 60 ml best-quality olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
• 1 tsp / 5 ml paprika
• 1 tsp / 5 ml ginger
• 1 tsp / 5 ml fresh ground black pepper
• 1 tsp / 5 ml dried mustard                    (I didn't have this, and it was still devine!)
• 1 tsp / 5 ml oregano
• 1 tsp / 5 ml chili powder
• 1 pinch cayenne pepper
• 4 tilapia filets, thawed                        ( I used 8 flounder fillets)
Preparation
  1. Preheat your oven to 400ºF/ 205ºC. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium sized bowl combine olive oil, garlic and seasonings.
  3. Dip each filet into the seasoning and place it on the baking sheet.
  4. Pour any remaining seasoning over the filets on the sheet and place the baking sheet in the oven.
  5. Bake for 10 minutes.

No comments: